Photographer, Videographer & Radio Journalist Application Guidelines
Tanglewood Music and Arts Festival, 30th of December to the 2nd of January. Set in the stunning backdrop of rolling hills only 2 hours North East of Melbourne.
Our mission, to create a fun, safe and affordable place to celebrate New Year’s Eve while supporting young Australian up and coming and already established musicians, artists and performers. This means not just putting musicians on a stage this means creating a space for artists of any media and we like to see this documented where possible.
It takes an extraordinary number of dedicated people to put on a festival such as this and we really appreciate you wanting to be one of those people.
Take your time to fill in the form as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and be sure to read the application guidelines before filling out the application form so you understand what is expected.
Your application will not be accepted without:
- All current promotional material
- Any links to social media, website or youtube that shows what you do. (the more info the better for us to make a decision)
- A press pack with 2 high-quality photos, A biography, social media links,facebook page, website, youtube etc.
(These need to be correct spelling and what you would want used in our media. We do not edit ill will be automatically uploaded.)
- A description and measurements of space needed, sketch or map if possible and a tech rider describing any equipment, materials or power requirements.
- Insurance paperwork, if applicable.
This festival aims to highlight local artists and talent from across the Victoria, but will extend to the wider Australian community. We look for originality, diversity, appeal to an audience of all ages and nationalities, flexibility to perform in a range of performance areas and affordability.
Successful applicants will be sent a contract to confirm their involvement in the Festival and the agreed fee. All successful applicants will need to submit a contract even volunteers.
Tanglewood Festival requires that each artist or member of a performance group have Public Liability Insurance unless you are volunteering your services to the organisation or receiving a token payment to cover yours costs. You must attach a certificate of currency of PLI to your application form if this applies to you.
If you need insurance cover, we recommend www.duckforcover.com.au a not for profit organisation set up for musicians, performers and artists, or https://business-insurance.aon.com.au/professions/entertainment/performers.aspx offers discounts for APRA members.
Photographer and videographers Brief:
We like to have a range of photographers and even videographers because as we are all different so will your creative interruptions of the event be.
Each person will catch little glimpses of what makes up the special experiences that people have at the festival and often as we are working hard during the event and do not get time to enjoy much of it, it gives us a chance to look back on the memories and live it a little.
Our main mission is to promote local Melbourne and Australian artists and we want that to carry through in your work also. We will highlight the artists we would like to see featured, but we hope that this year we can even extend on the crew to be able to cover each stage with a live feed of sound even if it just means setting up a camera that does not move. So please if you have the time try to get a little piece of each act as they are all amazing and even if they are not your taste they deserve to be heard.
WE ARE NOT A DOOF!!! Although it might seem a bit that way our mission was to really spread the love across all genres of music not just electronic. We have seen ravers enjoy blues and metal heads dancing to disco, that is something truly special about what we do. So take note cover the bands and day time fun as well as the night time grooves. To many of our photographers have focused on the electronic elements please give us something different and share the love.
- Take note of headlining acts or acts the event organisers would like highlighted.
- Take note of important times, count down, speeches from local organisations or opening ceremony.
- Talk to stage managers and gain permission to get on stage film the bands and Djs, film the crowd from the front. (be mindful of performers and do not get in there way.)
- Collect Lanyard and Hi Vis to gain you access to these areas ( HIVIS NOT TO BE WORN ON STAGE AND MUST BE RETURNED)
- We want to promote a family friendly event a chilled vibe a place to have fun share the love enjoy music but not get stupid! Taking care of everyone community vibes!
- THE MARKET AREA
- EVERY FOOD STALL
- EVERY MARKET STALL
- JAM SPACE
RENEGADE STAGE / FUNK TUNNEL
- WORKSHOPS / YOGA / SWORD CRAFT / KIDS Try to get a shot of each area where possible maybe make note of key workshop times.
Please carry these guidelines with you so you can refer back to them and know that you have fulfilled what we need for promo, but most of all be your self and capture the moments that you see and you are inspired by.
Tag and Testing
All gear that an artist supplies that you would like to use on the day must have an up to date test tag on it (more than 1 month from expiry) This is a requirement and any equipment not tagged can not be used.