Tanglewood Music and Arts Festival. This year our vibrant growing festival moves to the mainland. In the stunning rolling hills and ranges, in a beautiful valley only 1.5 hours north of Melbourne. The event runs from the 30th of December to the 2nd of January.
We are a not for profit organisation with a mission to create a fun, safe and affordable place to celebrate New Years Eve while supporting young Australian up and coming and already established artists.
Although we have made our task a little easier by moving off French Island and on to the main land this year, It takes an extraordinary number of dedicated people to put on a festival such as this and we really appreciate you wanting to be one of those people.
There are many vacancies to fill, so please state what you are most interested in and where your talents are best used. However with the immense talent that makes up our community, you can’t be guaranteed you will get a position doing what you love.
We require everyone to buy a ticket up front and then you will be refunded your ticket cost for completing your shifts at the festival.
Info on how to purchase a volunteer ticket will be sent with your confirmation, but if you want to be sure to secure one before they sell out purchase ticket.
Please read Volunteer application guidelines before you apply.
Application Progress Timelines
- Volunteer Applications Open
- Volunteer Application Close Sunday 11th of December (unless all spots are filled prior)
- Selections Made Throughout applications open.
- Email Notification By Sunday the 13th of November unless you apply after this date.
- Full payment of site fee to be paid By 30th October
- Street trader and section 12/40 permit sent to organisers (Food stalls and stalls using an open flame only) by Friday the 13th of November.
- Welcome letter, contract, are sent to successful applicants by Friday the 13th of November unless you are a late applicant.
- Volunteers to return all paper work and insurance info by Friday 27th of November
- Volunteer shift schedule to be confirmed by Monday the 12th of December.
- PLEASE NOTE ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED ONSITE FOR TRAINING ON THE 29TH OF DECEMBER AT 4PM REGARDLESS OF SHIFT SCHEDULE.
Your application will not be accepted without:
- All current contact info (address, phone number, email, Facebook)
- Photocopy/scan of photo ID (Passport or Australian License)
- Uploads of any relevant certificates
What we expect
As a volunteer you are expected to show up on time for your allocated shifts. If you have any problems with the shifts allocated to you are advised to contact your team leader before the event starts, do not wait until you are there.
You will need to purchase a ticket with a special code given to you when your application is accepted. This money will be refunded straight after the event when you have completed your shifts.
Volunteers are working for the cost of their ticket. This will usually consist of 2 x 4 hour shifts.
The volunteer is responsible for themselves you must bring sleeping gear, a tent, appropriate clothing sun smart and closed shoes to work in.
ALL VOLUNTEERS NO MATTER WHAT SHIFT YOU ARE DOING MUST BE PRESENT ON SITE AT 4PM ON THE 29TH OF DECEMBER FOR A MEET AND GREET AND TRAINING OF ALL EMERGENCY AND JOB PROCEDURES.
We would prefer the experience so please do not forget to mention any previous experience, attach any certificates or qualifications such as RSA, White card, First Aid ect. If you do not have these things it doesn’t mean you will not be accepted, everyone has to start somewhere but you may not get your desired job.
Contracts, rules terms and conditions
Successful applicants will be sent a contract and this must be signed and returned by the 27th of November (Unless you have a late acceptance) for your shifts to be allocated. Volunteers are expected to read and follow all Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Transport and Parking
Bus 684 leaving from Lillydale train station can get you to Lake Eildon and transfers to site can be arranged from there. Alternatively if you are driving there is plenty of parking on site. You can leave your car at the security station at main entrance and be dropped on site or If you are staying there will be car parking in the main crew camping area.
It is important to leave a URL link to your Facebook page if you have one, this way we can add you to a Tanglewood workers group. This is a great way for you to stay in contact with other workers and organize lifts if needed.